Turn any cold weather evening into a cozy wonderland with this delightful apple crisp recipe. Baking in the convection steam oven will ensure a perfectly done, golden and bubbly treat for the whole family to enjoy!
Before you begin…
- The streusel can be made ahead of time and frozen.
- It will make more than you need for this recipe.
- Consider using a couple of different kinds of baking apples, as they will each lend their own flavors and nuances to the dish.
Ingredients for Streusel topping
- ½ lb of butter, softened, cubed
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Ingredients for Apple Mixture
- 6 medium apples, peeled, quartered and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, combine all the streusel topping ingredients. Crumble together until well combined. Set aside.
For the apple crisp, in another bowl combine apple mixture ingredients. Pour the apple mixture into a greased 8″ square baking dish. Top with a generous amount of the streusel topping. Place on the wire rack set on position 2. Turn the convection steam oven on by selecting the Auto Steam Bake Mode set to 345 °F. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, approximately 45 minutes.