Sweet, sour, and ready for a party. This light and fluffy Margarita Pie is the perfect way to transition from hot summer nights to cozy, autumnal gatherings.
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (do not use bottled lime juice)
- 2 TBL Cuervo Gold Tequila (optional)
- 1 TBL sweet and sour mix (found in the mixers section with the liquor in your grocery store)
- 1 – 9” ready made graham cracker crust (in the baking section of your grocery store)
Preheat the Jenn-Air V2™ Oven to 350 degrees Convection Bake.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. Gradually add the tequila, sweet and sour mix, and fresh lime juice and stir with a whisk. The mixture will gradually thicken. Pour mixture into a prepared graham cracker crust pan. Place pie in oven on the 4th rack and cook for 20 minutes. The pie will be set and not runny.
Remove pie from oven and let cool. Place pie in refrigerator and let chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve cut into 8 slices and garnish with whipped cream and a slice of fresh lime. Makes one 9-inch pie.
Recipe from the Kitchen of Chef Ann Nolan, Culinary Training Chef for Jenn-Air & World of Whirlpool